AERO CABINETS,CHESTS, & ARTIFACTS
BENJO17 mfg is a company created to bid on major public works projects. Benjo almost always gets the contract, because BENJO always presents the lowest bid. BENJO’s ability to cut corners is nonpareil.
- BENJO derives benefits from natural resources for marketability.
- BENJO appropriates icons from many cultures and brings them to market.
- BENJO’s exploits benefit from downturns AND upticks in the economy
- BENJO repairs what Mother Nature broke.
- BENJO will adhere to a “Gold Standard” during a “pandemic” response.
Anchor Mend is a company created to winnow the defective qualities of disappointing fabrication. Anchor Mend’s mission statement: economics, not necessarily choice or taste, must dictate the aesthetic.
- Anchor Mend shores up BENJO’s catastrophic failures in a way that is cost-effective and decorative.
- For example: if the budget does not allow for landscaping, Anchor Mend will utilize some of BENJO’s alluring petroleum-based substitutes to adorn the mending.
- If the budget does not allow for resurfacing, Anchor Mend supplies elegant color choices to enhance the extant surface
MINI MONUMENT 4 LABOR
CISTERN ——————————-BENJO 17 mfg
BENJO 17 mfg -Nature sorted out!
BENJ0 17 mfg concrete masonry unit with ANCHOR MENDing.
WTF , 2016
WTF, plywood, enamel, latex, 2016
W, plywood, enamel, latex, 2016
T, plywood, enamel, latex, 2016
C.C.C.C. (cast concrete coffee cup)
Coffee is an everyday commodity presented in the iconic, mass produced disposable cup. It is a frail item folks commonly see littered throughout our society.
However, when I reconstruct it by casting it from concrete, the cup becomes a solid, three dimensional piece that references sculpture. It lends some similarity to a ready-made; however, it is not a mechanical reproduction. Craftsmanship has been inflicted upon it, and it is now an artisanal reproduction.
It is still mimetic, possessing a reference or a debt to imitation; but it is no longer mass produced but a boutique ready-made if you will. It is a contradiction by being unique individually, yet still being demoted as not unique among other coffee cups. It can be formally contained, displayed, and documented by installing it on a shelf in a room in San Francisco, or by taking a photograph of it in front of an historical building in Berlin.